In honor of one of my best friend’s wedding this past weekend, I am rounding up her Bachelorette party! We went to Nashville, and it was actually my first time visiting! Nothing beats a weekend with your best friends, period. No matter where we were going, we would have had a blast. Being in Nashville, just made it that much better.
Nashville surprised me. I always heard great things about the city, but mainly about the country music and music scene. The architecture and greenery around town were so noticeably beautiful. Another thing that caught me off guard was downtown Nashville. When I thought of Nashville, I didn’t think the city would have a large downtown but I was definitely wrong. There were so many fun things to do and so many cool restaurants to try.
We only had a long weekend in the city, but the wonderful Maid of Honor did lots of research for us to go to some of the best places. So, if you end up in Nashville for a long weekend, I highly recommend check out my Weekend in Nashville City Guide below!
Nashville Weekend City Guide
What To Do
- Beer Bike
- I have actually never done a Beer Bike before and had been wanting to, so when I found out we were going, I was so excited!
- They’re surprisingly a good workout (my legs were sore the next day), so definitely be prepared (tennis shoes or keds are recommended).
- I also highly recommend going with a big group of friends. I can say that my experience wouldn’t have been the same without them!
- We saw a variety of companies riding around but were super happy with our choice. We chose the Nashville Pedal Tavern and went on the Midtown route.
- Shop on 12 South
- Famously known for their ‘I Believe in Nashville’ wall art! Don’t let this sign fool you – there is typically a line waiting for pictures. We decided to skip it because the line was about 30 minutes long, but there are so many other fun things to do around here!
- There was an amazing BBQ place in this area, which I will be recommending below!
- This little area was so cute – there are so many little shops, restaurants, and they even have a flower market.
- This spot is perfect to wonder around and is located in a really nice area.
- Vanderbilt University
- Definitely not something we visited on the Bachelorette trip, but we rode past it on the beer bike (oh the irony), but it was seriously SO pretty and I highly recommend checking it out!
- The rooftop of the Thompson Hotel
- There were a variety of restaurants located in this hotel as well, which I’m sure were delicious
- This rooftop has a view of (almost) the entire city, a bar, and a nice place to sit outside with friends!
Where To Eat
- The Pharmacy
- One of the BEST burgers I’ve ever had! Not to mention they serve sodas in those tall glass cans (the best way to drink a coke in my opinion).
- This little restaurant has a large patio full of strung lights and picnic tables. It would be perfect to visit on a nice day!
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que
- The day we walked around 12 South, we decided to eat here, based on reviews!
- There was a line out the door, and boy was it worth it!
- I heard the nachos were the thing to get, but I decided to get a basket of fries with the brisket sandwich. I honestly don’t think you could go wrong with anything on their menu. Everyone at the table said their meal was delicious.
- This means a lot coming from me since I’m not a BBQ person! I would actually choose to eat here it was so good.
- The Southern
- We stopped here before our Beer Bike tour for brunch.
- The chicken and waffles were to die for!
- My favorite food is chicken fingers (stop what you’re thinking – chicken fingers are delicious), but half of the party got the chicken and waffles and also said they were to die for.
- Acme Feed & Seed
- The coolest thing about this place is that its multiple floors and each had a different vibe!
- The first floor offers live music and a full menu.
- The second floor offers appetizers and sushi and has more of a ‘sit down and dine’ feel.
- The third floor is the rooftop bar.
- Located on the edge of Broadway, this place is perfect for dinner before going out!
- Whiskey Kitchen
- Any whiskey lovers out there? This place has a whiskey flights, so you can try a few different ones!
- They didn’t accept reservations, so we waited here for a while, but they had a fun patio and we were able to get drinks while we waited. (As most don’t in Nashville)
- I ended up getting seafood here, and was not disappointed!
Where to Go Out
- By far, my favorite place in Nashville!
- Another floor theme going on here! The first floor was live music, the second and third are different indoor bars + dance floors, and they even have a tented rooftop with a bar and a live DJ!
- We stayed on the rooftop the whole time we were there, and pretty much closed this place down
- WannaB’s Karaoke Bar
- That’s right – we’re those girls. Yes, we did get up there and Karaoke and were all for it!
- This place is so cool – you can request whatever song you’d like, but they request that you ‘refrain from slow songs’ since those can be a bore to the audience.
- If you throw in some $$, they’ll move you to the top of the list too. Obviously, we requested a song for the Bride (without her knowing) and got her moved to the front. She clearly rocked it
- When you walk around the back of the Karaoke bar, it actually turns into a full blown 2-story bar with a stage. SO fun!
- The Bing Bang Bar | Dueling Pianos
- The was the only bar we went to that charged cover
- Kung Fu Saloon
- I found a Dallas staple in Nashville and was automatically drawn in.
- Our bike tour actually ended near this area, and as we were walking around we thought this place looked so cool
- They had a ton of outdoor games including an adult sized teeter totter (yes, that’s right), Jenga, cornhole, ping pong, and arcade games
- Their architecture was also beautiful, so definitely a bonus
Where To Stay
- We ended up renting a house since there were 10 of us!
- The house we rented wasn’t in walking distance to anything but was in a nice neighborhood-y area.
- I also highly recommend any area around 12 South – we drove around this area and all of the houses were so nice
- If you’re on a Bachelor party, I highly recommend going the house route. It was so much more fun having all of our friends in the same house/rooms where we could be together the whole time
- The Thompson Hotel
- Even though we stayed in an Airbnb, doesn’t mean we wouldn’t have stayed in a hotel.
- We checked out this hotel during the day to grab a drink and check out the view. It was also located right next to a ton of shops and bars!
- If you’re looking to stay in a hotel, this is the one to splurge for!
What are yall’s favorite things to do in Nashville? Leave your suggestions in the comment below, or let me know if you try these out!